Credit Union Youth Month
Lebanon Federal Credit Union Celebrates Credit Union Youth Month during the month of April!
This Year's theme is: The Science of Savings!
Each branch will have a decorating competition with a corner of their office transformed with science themed decorations! Jeff, LFCU CEO will be the judge of this fun competition, so stop by an office and check it out!
When: Monday, April 2nd - Monday, April 30th
Where: At all LFCU Offices. See Branch Locations.
Who Can Participate: All members of the public.
Other info: See below:
- Each of the four LFCU branches have three science kits that will be given to the first three members who open a savings account age 12 and younger.
- Making a deposit? You will receive a choice of different PRIZE options:
- Colorful slime
- Note pads
- CU Youth Month coloring pages will be handed out for the whole month. Three winners will be picked from three different age groups. 0-3, 4-6, & 7-12.
- Winners will receive a $20 gift card to Hobby Lobby.
- Printable Coloring Page
- *New members under the age of 12 who open a NEW savings account will be eligible to win a Meade Infinity Altazimuth Refractor Telescope:
A 2017 national survey found that almost 60% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings, and almost 40% had none. So, if it’s hard for adults, how do you teach your children to save? By turning it into a habit. Studies show that habits formed when you are young tend to stick. It’s why you still brush your teeth every day – we hope! The theme for this year’s Youth Month is “The Science of Saving,” Using fun, sci-fi-inspired characters, it encourages youngsters to imagine a future where piggy banks fly and giant automatic-saving robots visit credit unions.
The science in the theme is not science fiction – research shows that when you picture yourself in the future achieving a goal, like buying a car or going to college, saving for it becomes easier.
Start small. Help them save for a toy they want. Then sign them up for a youth savings account where they save for far-off goals.
As your credit union, we want to help you teach your children to learn good financial habits. Together we can help them blast-off toward a bright and wondrous future.
***To be eligible for membership at LFCU, you must live, work, worship or attend school in or have a business or other legal entity in Lebanon County. You are also eligible to join if you have an immediate family member who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Lebanon County.