EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard and Visa. It is a global standard for cards equipped with computer chips and the technology used to authenticate chip-card transactions.
Here is some important information about your VISA.
- This new card adds improved security and fraud protection with an embedded chip.
- Merchants are currently installing new payment terminals that support the new chip cards.
- When making a purchase with your chip card in a new terminal, you will insert your card into the terminal slot and briefly hold it there until the card is verified with LFCU.
- You still may be required to enter your card’s PIN or sign for transactions.
- Your card will also work on existing payment terminals that don’t use the new technology. Because of the extra security with EMV, we encourage you to use the EMV purchase option wherever it is available. You will also be able to continue to use your cards at ATMs worldwide.