Looking for a low interest credit card with no balance transfer fees and no annual fees? Try our VISA® Platinum/Classic Credit Card.
YETI® Cooler Giveaway
May 15, 2018 - July 2, 2018
*Open a LFCU VISA® Classic or Platinum Credit Card between May 15 and July 2 and be entered into a drawing to win a YETI® Cooler!
WHY choose a LFCU VISA® Credit Card?
- Low Rate LFCU VISA Credit Card Options.
- Ability to earn cash, travel, or gift cards with our Extra Awards Program with our VISA® Platinum Credit Card.
- We offer convenient ways to make payments on your VISA using LFCU NetTeller Online Banking, LFCU Mobile App, iTALK, call us directly, or stop by a branch!
- We offer a competitive LFCU VISA® Balance Transfer Program. (MORE DETAILS)
- Lend Locally, and support your Local Credit Union!
To apply, stop by a LFCU Branch today!
*Open a LFCU VISA® Classic or Platinum Credit Card between May 15, 2018 and July 2, 2018 and be entered into a drawing to win a YETI Cooler. Prize valued up to $250.00. One entry per qualifying member. LFCU is an equal opportunity lender. Membership & approved credit required. Member must be approved and accept new LFCU Platinum or Classic VISA® Credit Card to be entered into the YETI® Giveaway drawing. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
VISA® Platinum Credit Card
- Rates as low as 8.90% APR*
- Minimum $5,000
- Every LFCU VISA® Platinum Credit Card purchase becomes an opportunity to build up bonus rewards points redeemable for Gift Cards, Travel & Cash Back.
Visit the ExtraAwards webpage for information on redeeming your reward points.
VISA® Classic Credit Card
- Rates as low as 11.90% APR*
- Minimum $500; Maximum $5,000
VISA® Classic & Platinum Credit Card
- Fixed rate
- Rates for cash advance are same as purchase
- Easy payment options – Automatic payments from your LFCU account(s) NetTeller transfers, LFCU Mobile App transfers, payroll deductions, or you can make a payment at one of our offices.
- We notify you of unusual activity and protect you from credit card fraud
- Questions about your automatic VISA payments CLICK HERE!
APR* – Annual Percentage Rate.
Visa Account Updater (VAU) is a service that facilitates and encourages customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty by exchanging updated account information between participating merchants and Visa card issuers. Serving as an automated, dedicated, and secure clearinghouse, VAU delivers updated cardholder account information in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner, benefiting all parties involved in the electronic payment process.
What is Visa Account Updater?
Visa® requires LFCU to support Visa Account Updater (VAU). These services enable the secure electronic exchange of card number and expiration date updates between issuers and participating acquirers for card-on-file (COF) merchants. (EXAMPLE: The exchange between LFCU and OnStar.)
What does this service do?
The VAU service allows a way for LFCU to provide Visa the most recent card number and expiration date updates and in turn VISA will make this information available to the acquiring merchants that participate in the VAU service.
Will LFCU cardholders have an option to opt out?
Yes. Members will have an option to opt out cards should a cardholder request it. For VAU, when a cardholder opts out, the merchant will get a contact cardholder status for the old card with no new card information.
What is a card-on-file (COF) merchant?
COF merchants store their customers’ card number information for future purchases and/or recurring payments. Some examples are monthly utility payments, Netflix, Redbox, etc.
What are the benefits of VAU for LFCU and cardholders?
The benefits that issuers offer to their cardholders will provide:
- An uninterrupted service from participating COF merchants
- Prevent customer service interruptions with billing disputes
- Cardholders will no longer have to provide updated card information to participating merchants when their card is reissued, lost, or stolen
Recurring payments will likely be more successful as updated card information is readily made available to participating merchants.
What scenario would the merchant use the VAU services?
Participating COF merchants will try to obtain updated cardholder information prior to their billing cycle. Merchants that participate in the VAU services will be able to access updated card number and expiration date information, eliminating the potential for denied transactions due to outdated cardholder information on their systems.
What happens if my card is compromised?
Compromised cards will be closed and replacement card numbers/expiration dates will NOT be sent upon activation of new cards to VAU. LFCU members will have to contact any merchants that previously had their compromised card on file to provide them their new card information
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore