- What is smsGuardian?
- An anti-fraud text alert notification system for debit and credit cards.
- Sends transaction alerts directly to a cardholder’s mobile phone or other SMS-enabled device.
- What happens when the cardholder responds to the text?
- If fraud: information is immediately routed to a Fraud Analyst for card blocking and follow-up, reducing the time window in which subsequent unauthorized transactions could take place.
- If not fraud: no response is necessary from the cardholder.
- Who decides what transactions trigger the text message alert?
LFCU chose what type of transactions to trigger a text message alert. They are:
- International Authorizations
- Authorizations Greater than $300.00
- Six (6) or More Transactions in 24 hrs
- Card Not Present Authorizations
- Will all LFCU cardholders be enrolled automatically in this service?
No. smsGuardian is being offered as an optional service to our cardholders.
- How do LFCU cardholders sign-up?
o Cardholders can choose to participate by enrolling their mobile numbers (up to 10) in a secure website. Enroll in smsGuardian.
o Cardholders will need to verify their DOB, last four digits of their SSN, and Expiration Date of their card.
o Cardholders can control their respective time zone and “Do Not Disturb” times where messages are queued and sent outside the quiet period.
o This service is available for the following carriers listed HERE.
o Message and Data Rates May Apply.
- How do LFCU cardholders discontinue the service?
- Texting the word STOP to 27576 or by replying STOP in reply to a smsGuardian Alert.
- Visiting the smsGuardian website.
- You need additional help? Who do you contact?
- Text the word HELP to 27576 or reply to an Alert message with the word HELP.
- Click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the smsGuardian website, once you have enrolled.
- Call (888) 868-8611.